The Controller of Your Personal Data & How to Contact Us
The data controller for any personal data provided to or gathered by the Website is Carpenter Co., 5016 Monument Avenue, Richmond, VA 23230. Please contact us at this address or by using our interactive web form available here.
The Types of Personal Data We Collect
When you visit the Website, we may collect and process different types of data about you, including personal data that you provide directly to us or that we collect automatically when you use the Website.
Personal data you provide directly to us include:
- Your contact details, such as your full name, postal address, email address, and telephone number
- Your employer or other corporate affiliation, such as your title, business contact information, and employer’s name
- Information about products you purchase, consider, or inquire about
- Payment information, such as credit card number or other financial account details
- Any personal data that you provide in the contents of your communications with us
Certain information, such as your IP address, device identifier, browser type, operating system and information about your use of the Website may be collected automatically using tracking technologies when you navigate our Website.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
The tracking technologies that we use may record information about your visits to the Website so that we can provide an uninterrupted and more personalised experience for you, tailor our marketing and content to you, or provide you with relevant advertisements based on your browsing behaviour. Tracking technologies can help us to identify visitors, recognise preferences, diagnose problems with our Website, assess and analyse Website trends and usage patterns, conduct market research, and otherwise provide our products and services. For example, we use third-party analytics applications such as Google Analytics to measure and analyse the behaviour of visitors to the Website and associated traffic patterns.
How We Use Personal Data
Certain personal data may be required for us to provide you with our products and services. In general, we use your personal data to:
- Communicate with you, including to fulfil your requests, answer your questions, request additional information, and respond to your feedback
- Assess the likelihood that you will purchase our products, and inform you about products and services you have purchased
- Send, with your prior consent, marketing offers, event notifications, and other promotional information that may be of interest to you, or to ask for your opinion about our products and services
- Facilitate, manage, personalise, and improve our relationships with our business partners and customers
- Prevent and address fraud, breaches of our policies or terms, and other threats or harm
- Analyse use of our Website, evaluate and enhance Website security and stability, and otherwise improve the Website
- Comply with applicable legal requirements
We rely on the following legal bases for processing your personal data:
- The processing is necessary for us to provide you with the products and services you request or to respond to your inquiries.
- We have a legal obligation to process your personal data.
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in the following instances:
- To analyse and improve the safety and security of our Website, including by implementing and enhancing security measures and safeguards and protecting against fraud, spam, and other abuse;
- To maintain and improve our Website; and
- To operate our Website and provide you with information and communications about our products and services that are tailored to, and in accordance with, your personal preferences.
- You have consented to our processing of your personal data. When you consent, you may change your mind and withdraw your consent at any time.
How Long We Keep Personal Data
We keep personal data for no longer than necessary to achieve the purposes for which the personal data were collected or as required or permitted by applicable law. To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the scope and sensitivity of the personal data; the potential risk of harm from unauthorised access to, use of, or disclosure of the data; the purposes for which we process the data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means; and applicable legal requirements. Unless otherwise required by applicable law, at the end of the retention period, we will securely destroy your personal data or take appropriate anonymization steps.
How We Share Personal Data
We may share your personal data:
- With our affiliates, subsidiaries, business partners, or vendors when it is reasonably necessary or helpful, such as to help provide products and services to you, or to analyse and improve our Website, products, or services
- With our employees, agents, vendors, and consultants who perform functions on our behalf – for example, we may use third-party vendors to help us provide customer support, manage our advertisements on other platforms, process payments, send marketing and other communications, and otherwise assist with the operation of our business
- To comply with applicable law or protect our and your rights and interests – for example, we may disclose your personal data if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with the law, protect our or others’ rights, property, or interests, or prevent fraud or abuse
- In the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business assets, including during the negotiation of such transactions
- For any other purpose with your consent or as otherwise allowed by applicable law
Transfers of Personal Data Outside of the European Economic Area and United Kingdom
We are a global business based in the United States. By visiting our website or otherwise providing your personal data to us, you are consenting to the transfer and storage of your personal data in the United States. We may further transfer and store the personal data we collect about you in countries other than the country in which the data were originally collected, including the United States or other destinations that may not provide the same level of data protection as your country. When we do so, we will ensure that there are adequate safeguards in place to protect your personal data and to comply with our legal obligations.
Your Rights and Choices Relating to Your Personal Data
You have the right to access, correct, erase, and obtain a copy of any personal data we maintain about you. You also have the right to object to or further restrict our processing of your personal data. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area or United Kingdom, you may exercise any of these rights by making a request through our contact form.
Before we are able to provide, delete, or change any of your information or otherwise respond to your request to exercise your rights, we may ask that you verify your identity. We may also ask for more details to help us respond to your request. Please note that applicable law may require or permit us to decline your request. If we decline your request, we will tell you why, subject to any legal restrictions on providing this information.
You can opt out of receiving our marketing and promotional emails at any time. To stop receiving such emails, follow the instructions in any promotional message you get from us.
How We Protect Your Personal Data
We take commercially reasonable and appropriate administrative, physical, and technical measures to protect your personal data from loss, theft, misuse, manipulation, and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data. If you suspect any unauthorised activity associated with your personal data, please report that activity to us immediately.
Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy
The Carpenter Website does not provide products or services directly to children under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect the personal data of children through our Website.
[HC1]Need a link here